Oh, last night was fun!! I was nursing Jenna and the boys had been in bed for just a short time, maybe 10 or 15 minutes when I hear Eric start crying. Crying like he had gotten hurt really bad. Out came all three boys. Eric had a HUGE bump in the middle of his forehead. Apparently he had been standing on his bed and jumped and hit his head really hard on his headboard. I set Jenna down and was holding Eric. I sent Brandon and Carson back to bed, got something cold to put on Eric's forehead and called Bret (he was at the school finishing up some things that needed to be done by today) to make sure Eric would be okay and if I needed to do anything else for him. I had just started telling Bret what had happened when I hear Brandon start crying. Crying like he had gotten hurt really bad. Bret assured me Eric would be okay. Brandon came out holding his shin. He had been hanging on the top bunk and let go and somehow hit/scraped his shin on the edge of the bottom bunk. I told Bret I would call him back. I gave Eric some Motrin, gave Brandon something cold to put on his now bruised shin (Eric didn't want it) and tried to comfort my 3 crying children (Jenna was upset her eating had gotten interrupted and was being ignored). Ohhh, it was a fun night!!
As a reward for my patience and good mothering, Jenna slept 7 hours last night. Woohoo!!! Maybe she'll do it again tonight.
2 years ago
1 comment:
OH MY GOSH!! How you do it, I'll never know. You are so amazing! And all of this with your husband gone. I was just about to wish Brandon a Happy Birthday, then saw this post, and instead wish YOU a Happy Morning to a crazy night!! You are awesome!
Post a Comment