Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Brandon is 5!!

Brandon turned 5 last week. He wanted to go to the beach for his birthday, so that's where we went last weekend.

The boys had a blast, as usual.


Including this boy, until...





BIG Wave

Knocked him off his feet and sent him rolling over and over in the water and sand until Bret grabbed him. We had parked several blocks away and walked to the beach, leaving our towels and extra clothes in the van. Poor boy had to freeze all the back to the van! Lesson learned: Plan on kids getting soaked and bring towels TO THE BEACH


After changing clothes, we headed to the docks in Newport to check out the sea lions. They just lay on the lower docks, basking in the sun. They were all asleep when we got there, but it was still pretty neat to see them so close. They were HUGE.



Brandon had preschool on his birthday and wanted to bring frog cupcakes. I thought they turned out pretty cute.


I didn't have enough cupcake cups for all the batter, so I baked a round cake with the rest and then decided to make a big frog. I used a cupcake cut in half for the eyes, but had a hard time frosting them. Bret thought it looked like it had an eye infection or something! Oh, well. It still tasted good, and Brandon liked it.


Opening presents.


Jenna watching the festivities(4 weeks old).


New roller skates. His present from us. He has been skating all over the house the past week.


Happy Birthday Brandon!! I love you and all your energy. You make life interesting, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy birthday Brandon! Looks like you all had fun. I can't believe Jenna is already four weeks old. Time goes by so fast.

Candie said...

Brandon is 5?! Wow! He was a newborn what I met your family! That was a while ago I guess. Sounds like you had fun. I love the cupcakes!!!