Seriously, 10 years ago I never thought I would ever attempt something like this. Now, I think stuff like this is so fun! It helps to have a cute little girl. Girls are so fun to dress up. There are so many cute ideas out there and some of them are soooo easy.
So I found this super cute tutorial here for these shoes. I think I did a pretty darn good job, if I do say so myself. I also made these...
I gave these to a friend at her baby shower. I think they would have looked even cuter with a pink flower on the toes, but I haven't become that crafty, yet. Maybe someday... (Oh, and I got the corduroy from an old pair of holey pants of Carson's!)
I also decided I wanted a different cover for our highchair. I did a google search for highchair cover tutorials, and voila! instant instructions. I modified slightly. I didn't want to go buy binding and I think it turned out really cute.
BEFORE:
| Sorry it's sideways. Notice the cracks on the side and the seat. It gets pretty nasty after a few meals where half the food ends up in the baby's lap! |
AFTER:
What do ya think? Much cuter. And no cracks!!
5 comments:
Lori - I am thouroughly impressed! I'm still trying to grow into that kind of stuff. :) Go ahead and keep inspiring me. CUTE kiddos, by the way. Oh, and I still want Brooklyn to marry Carson - so will you save him please? :)
Thanks for kinking to my tutorial! Your shoes are sooo cute! I love the corduroy! Great idea! Check back soon I have some updates to the shoe pattern!
Thanks, Carrie
I love the shoes!!! I might have to look at that tutorial. It may be beyond me, though. Tell the boys hi for me and give sweet Jenna a kiss.
Oh my gosh, I am SOOO proud of you!! What super cute shoes! I want to see a picture of Jenna wearing them (and probably Eric too!) And I LOOOVE the high chair cover. Way to rock it!
Way cute! Good job! There is so much more out there... and they just get cuter and cuter! Thanks for sharing the tutorials.
Post a Comment