Saturday, March 21, 2009

Good news and Bad news

The good news is that we are moving to Oregon!! It was official as of Tuesday. Bret signed a contract to work for Oregon Health Sciences University. Their main campus is in Portland, but he will be working at one of their extensions in a small town called Monmouth. We are SUPER excited about this and can't wait to go. We will be moving in August.

Yaquina Head Lighthouse, Oregon

Sorry, the lighthouse got cut off and I don't know how to fix it, but it is still a very cool picture.

Okay, now the bad. You know how I was so excited that Eric had gained almost 2lbs. a few weeks ago? Well, apparently the scale was wrong. He hasn't gained any weight at all. He isn't eating that much less than a normal kid his age, so he should be gaining weight, but he isn't. We don't know why. The doctor had a bunch of blood drawn from Eric to do a bunch of tests (When I say a bunch, I mean they filled 6-7 tubes with his blood. Poor little guy!). Anyways, now we are waiting to see if any of the tests are abnormal. I'm not sure whether to hope they are or are not. He is a very happy, easy-going little boy. Why can't he just grow?

This is what Eric looks like in the bathtub. He wears a wet onesie and socks on his hands and arms to hold the moisture against his skin while he soaks for 15-20 minutes. This is to help keep his skin moisturized (obviously) and clear because he has exzema so bad.

Trying to get those darn socks off. They make it a lot harder to play.


Eric found some old slippers of mine that the kids use for dress-up. They are just a tad to big.

Oh, by the way, Eric is FINALLY walking (when he wants to). He usually will only go 2-3 steps at a time, but he CAN go farther. Apparently crawling is still a lot easier and faster. Oh, well. He'll get there, right?

7 comments:

Jen H. said...

Hi Lori,
So you guys are moving to Oregon! I'm jealous. I went to college in Monmouth and grew up in Corvallis, just 20 miles south of there. It's a great place to live. Your boys are all getting so big. Hope everything else is going well.

B and J said...

Oregon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love that, It's a tad farther than Colorado unfortunatly

Kira said...

Wow! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys. We can't wait to hear all about it once you get there.

Sarah said...

I think it's cool that we keep following each other around. :) Let me know when you get settled and maybe we can make a trip to see you sometime. It's about 3 hours away from here I guess. I hope they figure out what is going on with Eric!

Sarah said...

I think it's cool that we keep following each other around. :) Let me know when you get settled and maybe we can make a trip to see you sometime... It's about 4 hours away I guess. I hope the doctor can figure out what is going on with Eric!

Erin said...

Lori, That Eric of yours is the cutest thing ever! I love his eyes and smile!

Tina said...

Hi Lori!
Congrats on the job! I'll bet it is nice to know what the next step is!