We took a 3 week long vacation this summer. The first week was a reunion with my family. We drove to Utah and then flew to Wisconsin where my sister and her family live. We stayed at a big house that fit everyone. We went swimming several times at the indoor pool there. We were planning to go to a big water park, but it was windy and raining during the few days we were there and knew that would be miserable especially with all the little ones we all have. Instead we went to Circus World one day and got to see a circus, a magic act and watch cousins ride an elephant (Mom and dad were to cheap to fork out the $10/kid to let them all experience that joy.) The next day we wnt to a pretty awesome hands-on science museum that the kids and adults all loved. Sadly I didn't get my camera out for any of these events (but SHOULD have). I did remember to pull out my camera when we went to a lake and played the last day. My parents drove all the way to Wisconsin and so they headed home and didn't join us at the lake. Also my sister Gina was not able to join us :(
This is my grandpa Miller. He never smiles for pictures if he can help it. He is a happy guy, just doesn't smile for pictures. He didn't know I was taking this. He is holding Tate who is 2 months old. And Eric is peeking over his shoulder.
This is my Grandma Miller. She was helping getting lunch on the table at my mom's. This was in Utah before the reunion.
Here we are at the lake. This is my sister Mindy and one of her girls, Shaelyn.
Eric and cousin Kylie
My brother Brian and his wife Amy and another brother's backside (oops!)
My brother Tim and daughter Tacy
My brother Nate and daughter Tessa
I must say that one of the things that makes my heart happy is seeing my brothers with their kids. Growing up with 3 brothers who liked to tease and wrestle, it is very heart-warming to see how sweet they are with their little ones :)
1 comment:
I love these pictures. I didn't take more than one or two at the beach, but I have some from before that, like the ones of your boys on the Gyro machine thing. We need to figure out the best way to swap pictures. We tried Picasa before...?
Post a Comment