Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All I Want for Christmas is...

Healthy kids!!!

Yes. That is all I really want. For every single one of my children to be healthy.

Jenna is still not sitting up on her own and still not putting much weight on her legs. I've been thinking I should take her back to the Dr. because she's not improving, but she's been pretty happy, and I've been so busy with STUFF, that I figured I would just wait until after Christmas.

Until last night... she woke up crying and crying in pain. and this morning, too. Not just sad and want to be held crying. 'It really, really hurts' crying. I took her to the Dr. today, and they want to do another MRI. This time focus on her spine. We have an appointment set up for the MRI after Christmas. I'm not sure if I want them to find something, or not. I want to know why my baby can't/won't sit up or stand anymore, but I don't want something wrong with her spine! Sigh. A healthy baby. That's what I want for Christmas.

So, on the way home from the Dr. today, Eric throws up all over himself in the car. Yup. Didn't know he felt sick until he threw up. Poor guy fell asleep on the 20 minute drive home, in his throw up. I did stop and wipe up the worst of it with some napkins I had on hand, but I could only do so much. He ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap on the couch today, which rarely happens anymore.

And then just before dinner, Brandon announces he feels sick, too. He didn't want to eat dinner and went to bed with a big bowl in case he had to throw up and couldn't make it to the bathroom in time.

I guess it 'tis the season'. :) And hey, they have 3 whole days before Christmas to get better. Now, if only Jenna would get better that fast...


Just because...

Carson was doing a photo shoot of Jenna in this hat that he thought was really cool

She would look up and smile every time Carson asked her to.



5 comments:

Kira said...

Oh Lori - sorry to hear about your wild life. When it rains, it pours, huh? I hope all is well with little Jenna's spine - and I hope the rest of you don't catch the sickies. Good luck! We'll be praying for little Jenna and will look for the update.

Tina said...

Sorry to hear about the kiddos not feeling well! I hope everything is okay with Jenna.

Sarah said...

Lori I hope you don't mind me being overly concerned and on an unpopular side of the vaccine front but I am wondering if this is a reaction to the flu vaccine and if it isn't Guillain-Barré Syndrome. I am not a fan of all vaccines but I DO vaccinate my kids. I just know that they aren't as "perfect" as they are made out to be by the medical community. I pray you aren't upset with me and if you have any questions or want to yell at me you can email me sjbugarin@gmail.com. :)

Michelle Cramer said...

I can't even imagine how stressful all this w/Jenna has been for you as her mom. I hope the Docs find something to help soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

nateandcole said...

We want you to have four healthy kids too. We haven't heard back on Jenna's biopsy yesterday. Hopefully you have more answers now, and she's still feeling better.