Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happenings

The first day of school finally arrived (about a month ago!) I had plans to get lots of pictures of this event but I got one picture of Brandon and my battery ran out and the camera turned off. SO here is Brandon on his first day of preschool. He loves it! He has been having a hard time remembering to sit and not to hit when he doesn't get his way and has to be reminded a lot. Luckily his teacher (a friend in our ward) is very patient with him and I THINK he is doing a little better every day. So that's good. And he does REALLY enjoy going.


I was really bad at getting the first day of school for Carson and think this is of the second week of school. Notice the big gap between his teeth. He just lost his third tooth! Carson has really been enjoying his 1st/2nd grade class. He has a really nice teacher. They have time to write stories every day, which I think is great and Carson loves. He comes home a lot telling about the stories he has made up, which are fun to hear. I am going to start volunteering in his class once a week, which I am looking forward to. I like knowing what his going on in his class, how he his being taught, and knowing the other students, too.


To help keep Brandon and Eric entertained while Carson is in school, I made play-doh the other day. The boys love it! This is Eric trying to cut a shape out of a huge mound of play-doh. Silly boy!


This lovely thing is our baby chain. Carson was driving me crazy asking me when the baby was coming. I kept telling him not until after Christmas, but he didn't seem to understand how much time that was. So to help him out and to maintain my sanity, we made this chain to help count down until the baby comes. Every Friday we take one of the chain links off. I also wrote numbers on them to show how many weeks are left. Carson always remembers before I do. He looks forward to it and is very excited for the baby to come. He hasn't asked me when the baby is coming since we made the chain because he can see it is still a long time away.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That baby chain is such a great idea. Good to hear that you take one off every WEEK, rather than every DAY! ;) I wish we all lived closer and I could see you and the boys more often.

Lisa said...

Th chain is a great Idea, I should do that too. Jessi asks all the time! Your boys are so cute!