Sunday, September 25, 2011

Eric's Birthday!

 Eric turned four on September 10th.  I can't believe he is four already.  He is still so small.  He wears 2T clothes, still!  We had a fun day on Eric's birthday.  When he woke up there were lots of balloons in the living room to play with.  All the kids have enjoyed them.



Here's the birthday boy!  Eric 4 years old.
The loot
Eric and Alphie have become good friends.  He is already in need of new batteries!




Eric loving the bouncing ball from Grandma and Grandpa Miller





After presents we went swimming at a swimming hole at a river close by.  The kids had a blast.  Sadly I forgot my camera, but the kids could have stayed there all day.  We'll have to go more often next summer when it warms up again.

 Since Eric does not like cake, we decided to make a marshmallow dinosaur "cake" for him.  Bret is working on Eric's "cake"

Everyone got toothpicks and marshmallows to make their own dinosaur.

 I think Brandon just put marshmallows on because it was fun, I don't think he tried to make a dinosaur.

Jenna kept busy licking marshmallows and then handing them to Daddy.

Eric even tried poking a few marshmallows with the toothpicks.


 I made a T-Rex.  Come on... It's not THAT bad.  Use your imagination!!

A work in progress...

Brandon's completed creation:

Carson's completed creation.  He made a pterodactyl.



There is the beautiful Brontosaurus marshmallow cake and Eric.

Look!  He's even smiling!





 I also made some cookies and made a letter 'E' on Eric's for him.

We made raspberry sorbet for Eric so he could have something similar to ice cream, but safe for him to eat.  It was delicious! Eric didn't even try one bite

A few days later Eric got a package in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa Lyman with these fun things in it.  A Lightning McQueen sleeping bag and a matching camping chair

Eric and Jenna played so nicely together when these were opened.  Eric played in the sleeping bag while Jenna sat in the chair and then they switched.  And then switched again.  And again.



Happy Birthday Eric!!  We love you so much!

Some things about Eric:

He likes to sleep with "My friend Rabbit"
He is almost potty trained!  Hurray!
He loves playing with his friends.
He mixes up his 'sp' sounds.  psot=spot, psider=spider, etc.
His favorite color is yellow.
His favorite food is hot dogs.  If I won't let him have hot dogs, he'll have a sun butter (sunflower butter) sandwich.
His favorite animal is dogs (even though he is allergic to them!)


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy birthday Eric! (and Bret too, since I just looked at that post)

Rach said...

Happy Birthday, Eric! You are such a cutie!! And I love the marshmallow creations you all made!