We went to an indoor carousel after the boys got home from school. Jenna wasn't sure if she liked it at first. Bret had to move her to a horse that didn't go up and down. Carson, Brandon and Eric loved it, though!
After getting help blowing out the candle

on her gorgeous butterfly cake, (okay, so I'm a bit biased. It took a long time to make that cake look as cute as it did.)
on her gorgeous butterfly cake, (okay, so I'm a bit biased. It took a long time to make that cake look as cute as it did.)
she actually did a decent job of getting cake all over herself, and a few little bites in her mouth.
And for those who haven't heard yet, Jenna's MRI in December showed that she had discitis. The Drs. weren't sure if it was infection or just inflamed. They did a biopsy (took a sample of the fluid in the area) and tried to grow some bacteria. Over the weekend before the biopsy Jenna started standing when propped up and every day got better and better. By the time we found out that no bacteria had grown from the sample they got, Jenna was pulling herself up to stand and sitting up on her own again. Essentially, as soon as we figured out what was wrong, she got better on her own. If there was bacteria in the sample they would have put in a PICC line (an IV in her upper arm that goes almost straight to her heart) so they could give her IV antibiotics for 3-4 weeks to get rid of any infection. I am soooo thankful that didn't have to happen. I am so happy to have my baby feeling like herself again. She is so much more fun to be around when she isn't hurting!
We love our Jenna-girl. She loves to walk all over with someones help. She is great at crawling up stairs, especially when someone leaves the door open and I don't realize it until she is halfway up! She is also good at sneaking back down the stairs when no one is looking and has taught herself to go down feet first. Luckily we haven't had any falls--yet! Jenna loves to zoom around the house on her car while her brothers push her around, play peek-a-boo, wave, chase her brothers all over and make cheesy faces for the camera.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Jenna! You are such a cutie! And your mom is SO TALENTED--that butterfly cake is unbelievable!
Happy Bday! I can't believe she is 1 already! Time does fly! Marlie's 1st bday was just... (a year and a half ago!) Glad she is getting better. That must have been hard for you and Bret! Love the blue dress - I thought about getting Marlie the same one!
Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year! We need to get together sometime... :)
Holy cow! Where did the year go? We've got a picture of most of the cousins above Kylie's crib. Until I updated them all today, it was still Jenna's blessing announcement. Nearly every day Kylie would look up and say "baby" for Jenna. She's getting so big! Not a baby much longer.
The cake looks amazing! How did you do the butterflies? Different colors of chocolate?
Post a Comment